Part 57 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



Finally! I'm so near to finding Ciri now! Not as near as I thought I was when I first played in 2015, though. Those stupid seven dwarves, ugh. First they wouldn't let me in the hut, then when I found two of the missing ones, they were dead / about to die, then the third turned out to be freaking "Sleepy" and took forever to walk back to the hut. But the worst part is that they just took off with my boat when they said they would wait! So we had to use a portal, and that is why the Wild Hunt found us even quicker than they would have. I was so annoyed with the little shits I didn't take any screenshots. They just don't deserve it. (By the way, Ferenc is the second dwarf in this game to have a Hungarian name, in addition to Zoltan.)



My favorite shot of Geralt from the whole game. The lighting is perfect. If I ever drew a fanart of him, I would use this picture as reference.



Geralt, neck deep in a dead fiend.

This island is like a nightmarish vacation. It is full of hostile wildlife, the weather is permanently crappy, and the airports are closed.



After fighting off an army of foglets, I finally got to the lighthouse where Gaspard aka "Sleepy" was hiding.



Once Gaspard and the other remaining dwarves left, Geralt stayed alone at the hut where he thought Ciri was lying dead.



He thought this was their last embrace, and even though I knew she couldn't be dead, I still teared up, because I could feel his pain holding and rocking his dead child...



Then the magic firefly came back and brought Ciri back to life... Her arms tightened around Geralt, and his face and expression in that moment look so human and so real that I forgot he was just a video game character... A masterfully created scene, in my opinion.



And Ciri told me how it all happened, how she had been fleeing the Wild Hunt, jumping between worlds, then meeting Avallac'h who had been helping her until Eredin cursed him and he turned into Uma. Ciri knows Avallac'h is not helping her selflessly, yet she trusts him, because he's not harmed her.



The part about how she had been searching for Yenn and Geralt while they had been searching for her is a bit unbelievable, or was it really that difficult to find other people before there were cellphones?



And this would be my reference photo for Ciri art. :) Candlelight makes her even more beautiful.



Ciri has taken us home. :)



I'm level 27, what? When did I reach 26?

This was after Yenn planted a second big kiss on Geralt's lips. :) I loved that scene, I'm shipping these two so much. :))



Then Ciri went to greet everyone and I thought, let them celebrate while I sneak off to do some side quests before the Wild Hunt arrives. However, fast travel was disabled.



Well, looks like I'm stuck here and have to face the Wild Hunt, there's no turning back or putting it off any longer. I spent some points on attack power, that can't hurt.



Weather's perfect, and it's so peaceful, wish it could stay like this...



I entered the keep and found Keira in her magic bubble saying, "If I'm to die today, I wish to look smashing for the occasion." :D



We held our council and discussed everyone's tasks for when the Hunt would strike.



And now I am to exit the keep when I'm "ready to face the Wild Hunt."

I think I'm ready. I still have the bananas I bought from Madame Serenity. Let's do this. :)

Comments

Popular Posts