Part 46 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



"I am sailing, I am sailing..." to Hindarsfjall to meet Yennefer and complete the next chain of main quests that includes Missing Persons, Nameless and The Calm Before the Storm.



The damn sirens sank my boat but luckily by that time I was very near the shores of the small island.



I made a new friend on Hindarsfjall then went to meet Yenn on the beach.



Yennefer in snowfall... Beauty overload. :)



Geralt doesn't look bad himself in his newly crafted ursine armor. :)

We spoke with the mourning women who recounted the attack by the Wild Hunt on their village, and told us where to look for the man who they had seen with Ciri.



We learned that the man, Skjall, had gone to Freya's Garden to kill Morkvarg the werewolf to regain his honor. The villagers outcast him and started calling him Craven, because they thought he was a coward, fleeing the village when the Wild Hunt attacked. In reality, he was only helping Ciri escape.



I defeated Morkvarg, but he came back to life, because I didn't yet have his own flesh to feed him. That is the only way to get rid of him for good.



After I found Skjall's body, Yennefer had the grand idea of bringing him back to life and asking him what happened to Ciri.



This scene never fails to creep me out. :/



Skjall told us how he had seen Ciri and the mysterious elf she is traveling with fall from the sky into the sea near him. (Another detailed character design that I absolutely love! His personality comes through effortlessly.)



Skjall took Ciri home where his mother and sister helped her get better. Meanwhile, the mysterious elf went to look for a way to continue their travels.



My Ciri prefers women. Of course she does. :)



After discussing sexual orientations in the sauna, Ciri took a dip in the ice cold lake outside then drank a shot of "Freya's fire water" to warm up, and she was good as new.



Too bad there's no option to flirt with Astrid.



Say hi to Uma who we last saw in Velen at the Bloody Baron's castle. Now I have to admit I'm still a bit confused by this part of the main story. I know later we find Avallac'h the elf is trapped in this cursed little body, and he is the same elf who is travelling with Ciri. So how long did Skjall lie on that beach to see Avallac'h and Ciri get into a boat then pass out, then when he came to, see Avallac'h in Uma form? The only way I can let go of this confusion is by reminding myself that Ciri can travel in time, so it's best not to try to make sense of the story's timeline. :)



The mourning women from Lofoten were furious when they saw Yennefer had destroyed their sacred garden in the process of reviving poor Skjall. So we quickly got out of there.

I received two new quests, Ugly Baby (main quest) and The Last Wish (Yennefer romance quest). But first it's side questing time!

Comments

Popular Posts