Part 56 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



As preparation for the upcoming battle with the Wild Hunt... I bought Geralt plenty of blueberries, candies, exquisite honey, raspberry juice and other such deliciousness from Marquise Serenity, the madame at the Passiflora brothel. Then I went back to Éibhear and had "Berengar's blade" crafted. It is actually a very good level 27 silver sword called Tor'haerne. I'll hang onto it until I reach that level and try it out.



I'm ready to start rounding up allies for the battle at Kaer Morhen.

I'm loving Geralt's bear school gear, I just wish I could dye it some bright color already. :D Sadly, by the time I'm leveled enough to travel to Toussaint and buy dye, the main game will probably nearly be over.



Zoltan didn't need much convincing to join the fight.



Outside the tavern, I ran into Dudu and had a chat with him about how it feels to live as Caleb Menge. In short, he is disgusted by it, but is generally okay with living in human form as we humans rule the world...



I visited one more possible ally in Novigrad, Dijkstra, but he refused to help. Doesn't matter, I will probably kill him later in the game anyway.

I also visited my guerilla friend Roche at his cave, and he was happy to help.



Next I had to visit Ciri's daddy in his castle he had taken over from Temeria.



He would help me fight the Wild Hunt but only if his army was led by General Voorhis. Geralt says no thanks, and that's that. There is no way for us players to make a decision here.



It was time to visit Skellige's new queen, Cerys, in her gorgeously painted room. I mean look at those walls!



She said she was busy, but her bother Hjalmar would help me. I spoke with him, and he was on board.



Next, I spoke with their father Crach, who said he couldn't be in Kaer Morhen in person, but he would give me a special sword to help.

Crach: "This sword has been in the an Craite family for centuries. And now it's yours."
Geralt: "I can't accept this." Thinking: "If the stats on this sword are lower than what I have now, I will have to sell your special family blade to the nearest merchant, so please just keep it."
Crach: "You must."
Geralt: "If you insist..." Thinking: "Fuck."

Crach, if you're reading this, your family blade is now in the possession of the smith working near the entrance to your castle.



Lastly, I asked Ermion for his help, and the old druid was eager to set off for Kaer Morhen immediately.



When we finished talking, a huge storm broke out. I wonder if this always happens after this quest or if it was just my luck.



It was fitting, as I started off on my journey to the mysterious Isle of Mists, a place between dimensions.



This looks dangerous... But anything for Ciri.



I'm coming for you, Ciri, just got a bit lost among the tiny ass islands between Ard Skellig and the yellow marker on the map... I also had to fight off a million ekhidnas.



This is it! I've reached the yellow marker! I got so excited I accidentally pressed B when I should have said "OK, let's go to the Isle of Mists" and went too far.



Ekhidnas ate half my boat and I was worried I would have to swim to another dimension...



Finally arrived on the Isle of Mists and let out the magic firefly to lead me to Ciri.

Next session, if I'm not too slow helping those damn dwarves, Geralt will be reunited with his long lost daughter. :)

Comments

Popular Posts