Part 53 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



We tortured poor Uma until the curse was finally broken, and he turned into...



Avallac'h! Seems he had borrowed some of Ciri's eyeshadow before he was cursed...

Geralt recognized him and warned the others he was not a friend, but Vesemir pointed out Ciri trusted him for some reason, so they should help him get better. He told me he had hidden Ciri on the Isle of Mists and gave me a magic firefly to lead me to her.



Once the quest called Va Fail, Elaine was completed, it completed the long quest called Ugly Baby. I decided to take a break from main quests here.



Being level 24, I was looking for maximum level 27 quests. I traveled to Oxenfurt where this lovely lady explained to me how she had been attacked by a monster.



I felt so sorry for Geralt when he had to get drunk again to lure the cheap wine loving vampire out of hiding! This was only two days after he got completely wasted on vodka at Kaer Morhen.



So I completed The Oxenfurt Drunk contract and collected my reward.



I now knew where Ciri was, my beloved daughter who was in grave danger, whom I had not seen for years, but instead of hurrying to get to her, I entered the high stakes gwent tournament in Novigrad, because priorities...



There are a total of four opponents to defeat to win this tournament, and Madame Sasha here was the toughest. I had to reload a few times before I managed to beat her.



She is a Nilfgaardian spy, and she uses the Nilfgaardian deck and likes to use lots of spies... She's not doing a good job remaining unsuspicious... She is, however, a good gwent player. When I finally beat her, I was using a NR deck and as many spies and decoys as I could find.



The next opponent, standing here behind Geralt, was easy to defeat... in gwent. But he is a real prick who accused me of cheating and proceeded to attack me after the game. I had to defeat him in a fist fight which took so many tries it's ridiculous... I looked around on forums, even watched some tutorial videos to find out how to beat him, but nothing helped until I saw this tip under a video: Just spam quick and strong attacks, do nothing else, and he will have no chance to hit you. This method finally worked! Stupid half elf...



The last opponent was the organizer himself, Count Tybalt.



Before the games, I had agreed to help Sasha with whatever she was scheming. She insisted she had nothing to do with the murder of this guard and the theft of the tournament prize, though.



I'm on my way to the warehouse to meet Sasha and find out what happened to the money. I was happy to be back in Novigrad, because I had a ton of crap to sell and coins to convert at the bank.



I also enjoy sightseeing in Novigrad. :)



Sometimes I wish I was in an Assassin's Creed game and could climb the buildings and jump off them into a pile of hay!



These bandits need my help, but I'll have to come back to them later. I tried their quest (Novigrad, Closed City II), but failed it, because I have no idea where to pick up the smell of their stinky friend, so I reloaded the game.



I did some more exploring and picked up a very low level quest I hadn't seen before called Hey, You Wanna Look at my Stuff?

Well, depends on what they mean by "stuff", but I'm the curious type, so I'll check out this quest later.



Such a pretty garden! :)

I'm a woman, I like flowers... :)



I finally made it to the warehouse where we found the culprits who stole the tournament prize. The halfling was behind it who appeared the most innocent, of course.



To celebrate getting rich, Sasha invited Geralt to dinner which I accepted, then I let her have her way with him. I know Yennefer wouldn't mind, because his heart belongs only to her. :)

Comments

Popular Posts