Part 52 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



The Ugly Baby quest is looong with its countless subquests so I still haven't finished it. Geralt and Lambert emerged from the caves after killing Old Speartip and were ready to take the phylactery to the Circle of Elements.



Geralt is starting to resemble a mountain goat with that beard, but there are no barbers anywhere near Kaer Morhen...



I'm not a fan of trolls plus I want their rare livers, so I provoked them into a fight.



After killing the three trolls, there were no more obstacles between us and the Circle of Elements.



From what Geralt says I gather this is the place where young witchers charge their medallions which will then serve them as magic sensors.



Lambert was right. What a view!



While the two witchers waited for their phones the phylactery to charge, they shared some life stories. I completely understand why Lambert is the way he is, bitter and finding it hard to see things in a positive light. He had an aggressive, alcoholic father who abused him and his mother. One day his father was attacked by nekkers, but a witcher saved him, and as he had no money, the witcher asked for whatever he first saw when he got home. It was his young son, Lambert, and that is how Lambert ended up at Kaer Morhen and was turned into a witcher against his will.

Once I completed his quest, Lambert headed back to the keep. I told him I would stay a bit longer then join him. I just wanted to go for a hike.



Looks like the Carpathian Mountains in Poland. :)



I didn't want to leave without showing Roach the view. I think she liked it. :D



I just couldn't stop taking photos...






I'm starting Eskel's quest called To Bait a Forktail.



We killed the monster to get its spinal fluid for Yennefer who wants to use it for a potion I believe.



Taking in more of the view before racing back to the keep.



I found the destroyed bed in the inner courtyard. :D Yennefer threw it out of the window, because Geralt used it with Triss. One of Triss' earrings was among the rubble. I took it, but I'm not sure when and if I can give it back to her.



Starting the next subquest, Disturbance. This one involves helping Yennefer who is trying to get Skype her megascope to work.



She wants to contact an elven sorceress to ask about the curse on Uma which is in Elvish, but there is something in the keep that interferes with the wifi megascope crystals. I helped her find the source of the disturbance - it turned out to be a box of dimeritium bombs - and once that was removed, she could Skype her friend.

It was getting late. Geralt's friends had two ideas for removing the curse from Uma. Yennefer's idea was subjecting him to the Trial of the Grasses, the same procedure performed on boys before they can be turned into witchers. He may die if they try this. Vesemir's idea was taking Uma to the mountains and giving him some herb tea at midnight. This method may not work. We don't get to choose between the two methods, as Vesemir takes Uma no matter what. The rest of the group stays in the keep and decide to get drunk.



Yennefer takes Geralt up to her room to make love, then they return to the main hall. She goes back to bed after having just one drink, but the three witchers stay up way too long and get very drunk. I absolutely love these scenes, they are the most hilarious in the whole game!



These idiots are so drunk they think it is a good idea to dress up in Yennefer's clothes and play with her megascope! :D

The noise they were making eventually woke her up, and she ordered them to go to bed.



The next morning - Vesemir's method clearly didn't work - poor Uma is tied to a table and has no idea three witchers with serious hangovers are about to experiment on him.

I am now level 24. I reached it right when I put on Yenn's pants the night before. :D

Comments

Popular Posts