Part 54 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



I completed two more secondary quests in Novigrad before moving on. The first was Novigrad, Closed City II where I let the bandits kill the witch hunter, because I hate those racist dicks. The other was Hey, You Wanna Look at My Stuff? When I started this quest during the last session, I let the halfling merchant trading in the belongings of murdered mages flee when the witch hunters arrived so I could get access to him as a merchant. He is not selling anything that special, but at least I gained some XP.



I wanted to do maximum level 27 quests, and there was nothing like that in Novigrad or Velen, so I traveled back to Kaer Morhen to do Monster Slayer.



The monster slayer turned out to be a rock troll who really hates drowners for some reason, so he apparently decided to rid the area of them. I actually like drowners, I think they're cute and funny, whereas trolls annoy me to no end, so I didn't mind there was no way to spare this troll. An old letter in his cave revealed he had inadvertently saved Kaer Morhen from a bandit attack once, but even that doesn't make me feel sorry for him. Apologies to troll fans...



I reached level 25 after this quest and decided to do Berengar's Blade which can be started by talking to Vesemir at the witchers' castle.



I first watched Eskel dissect a katakan while I ate an apple, because it looked interesting. Then I went to find Vesemir.



Papa Vesemir: What is it, Wolf? Where's Ciri?
Geralt: Still on the Isle of Mists. I haven't gotten to her yet, because I had more pressing matters to attend to.
Papa Vesemir: Like what??
Geralt: You know, playing gwent in Novigrad, hooking up with a Nilfgaardian spy...



I looked around the castle to find the others, and found Yenn writing letters in her room. We shared a romantic moment, then I spent a few minutes looking for Avallac'h but wasn't able to find him. He must be somewhere in the castle lying sick in bed.



If chased by bears, Roach can gallop underwater!



Vesemir had revealed to me that the diagram to Berengar's sword could be found in a chort's cave.



I'm getting really good at taking screenshots while fighting. :D



And the chort is dead. Berengar's sword is probably crap compared to what I have, but I did the quest for the XP. I may craft it later.



Finally, I traveled to Skellige and completed the quest called The Sad Tale of the Grossbart Brothers. I had three vile men known for rapes and murders to eliminate. I found them in a grotto by the sea where I also picked up a bear school gear upgrade diagram. Great, wanted to collect those soon anyway!

Comments

Popular Posts