Part 63 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



To create superior ursine gear, I needed Albedo, to create Albedo, I needed White Gull, to create White Gull, I needed Mandrake Cordial and Cherry Cordial. This is how I ended up at Crow's Perch, because I know the quartermaster there always has five of each. But as I was running through the little settlement below the castle, I heard a woman screaming and a man pleading to leave her alone. Some soldiers were trying to rape a farmer's wife! Geralt couldn't let this happen, so he cut down the soldiers.



Geralt in superior ursine gear, looking better than ever. :) We are at Crippled Kate's, a brothel in Novigrad, where we are supposed to meet Yennefer.

When I entered the city, I heard guards saying "long live Radovid." Apparently they hadn't checked their emails lately...



Unlike Triss, Yenn wasn't angry with me for taking Ciri to the sabbath and cutting down some mutual enemies.

She told me another one of her sorceress friends, Margarita, had been imprisoned by witch hunters in Oxenfurt, and she was waiting to meet a man who had escaped from the same prison to ask how he did it. Thus starts her quest, The Great Escape, within the Final Preparations questline.



The fugitive told us he had faked his death and was thrown into the sewers which lead outside the prison.



Geralt is unenthusiastic about breaking into prison through the sewers, but he would do anything for Yennefer and her friends.



Dandelion and Zoltan's tavern, the former Rosemary and Thyme, is another beautiful building in Novigrad.

I asked Zoltan if he could help free Margarita by getting the guards drunk, but he is too scared to go near witch hunters now that they have turned against non-humans. Understandable.



Riding into Oxenfurt that evening to meet Yennefer.



And now I'm in an underground cavern filled with water again... As Geralt said, "oh, joy." :)



After some tough battles with ghouls and other charming creatures, I found poor Margarita in a cell. :(



To find the key to release her, I had to slaughter at least a dozen witch hunters and guards. They were nothing compared to the two almost invincible ghouls in the sewers, though...



Don't tell me I could've just gotten in through here...



I unlocked Margarita's cell and Yennefer appeared through a portal. Another one of her friends, Síle, was also locked up there, but she had been tortured so badly, she just wanted to die. :((



Sad Yennefer was painful to watch... She cast a spell, and her friend's suffering ended...

Then she teleported back to Novigrad with Margarita.



Good morning, Oxenfurt. Time I was on my way...

Comments

Popular Posts