Part 44 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



I'm basically going through the quest called Gwent: Skellige Style while also doing all quests required to unlock the players. Here I am at Sjusta the tailor's shop whom I just defeated and won his Yaevinn card. My next opponent was to be Gremist, the master alchemist druid, so I hopped on Roach to ride to the other side of Ard Skellig.



I can't get enough of the Skellige landscape!



I rarely use fast travel in Skellige, because then I would miss some of the beauty of this country.



However, traveling by horse means I keep running into enemies. Not that I mind! A fight with a large group of Skellige nekkers (the ones with deer skulls on their heads for a helmet) was very entertaining, especially when I ignied three of them, and they did the fire dance in unison. :D Later I spotted the above cyclops, and while trying to decide whether to attack it or not, I was surprised by two gigantic bears.



This picture is too good to leave out, even if it has the menu on it. :D



Not much later, I heard the screeching of harpies.



And thus went my adventure-filled travel to the druids' camp.



Only to hear Gremist grumble, "Leave me be, will ye?"



To be able to play gwent with Gremist, I first had to complete the quest called Practicum in Advanced Alchemy. Like a hero of an old fairy tale, I had three tasks to complete before Gremist would "teach me". I knew from the first playthrough that he wouldn't teach me crap, but my rewards would be him playing gwent with me and getting access to the high level recipes he sells.



First, I had to convince a friend of his, Fritjof, to visit him.



Second, I had to gather a flower for him, which grows near a cave inhabited by a succubus.



I've killed one succubus in this game just to get her mutagen, and I still feel bad about it. I let this one live, and she gave me the flowers I needed.



Third, I had to pick up some special alcohol from a distillery guarded by a cyclops.

After bringing him the flowers and the alcohol, Gremist told me to wait until the next day while him and Fritjof "performed a ritual". In reality, they just got drunk. I didn't care, I just wanted to get his Mysterious Elf card.

After beating Gremist, only one more opponent was left for me in the Skellige Style gwent quest, Madman Lugos.



He was just attending the coronation of Skellige's new ruler near the druids' camp.



I joined the guests and witnessed the glorious event.



Cerys, Skellige's new queen.

I saw Madman Lugos angrily leave the celebration, and now I'm not sure where to find him to play gwent. The gwent quest is active, he's my next opponent, but his location is not marked. I'll look for him in Kaer Muire.

Comments

Popular Posts