Part 58 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



The weather quickly went downhill after Geralt "exited the keep."

As I was already level 27 at this point, I equipped Berengar's silver sword to use it in the battle against the Hunt.



I love how this battle section is executed in the game, everyone having their own position and task, and we get to play as Geralt and Ciri as well. The tension was real, and I felt I was actually a participant of the fight.



Lambert, Letho and Geralt greeted the Wild Hunt warriors in the woods near Kaer Morhen.



Imlerith arrives at the party...



Some warriors forget they can travel through portals and are pissed the main gate is closed...


Oh, Vesemir. :(



Ciri, go back to the keep!!



Too late now.

Eredin, looking convincingly terrifying...

I can't get over how realistic video game characters can look these days.



The battle has ended, because the Wild Hunt couldn't take any more of Ciri's high pitched squealing, so they jumped back into their portals.



Vesemir's funeral is attended by all of Geralt's friends who fought in the battle. I thanked all of them one by one after the funeral. Keira and Lambert are now a couple, how sweet. :)



Goodbye, Vesemir. :(



Geralt would need a shave again...



But it will be a while before I can fast travel and free roam again. One main quest leads to another at the end of Act II, and I'm now on Blood on the Battlefield.



Black eyeshadow is popular among evil elves I guess...

Avallac'h is worse than the Wild Hunt in my opinion. He acts as if he means well when in fact he wants to use Ciri as a lab rat. At least the Hunt are honest about their intentions...



I chose to cheer Ciri up by playing in the snow with her, because I know this is one of the crucial actions I must take if I want her to survive the White Frost later.



Then I took her to her father, because this playthrough I want her to try being an empress. I'm convinced she would make a good empress, and also I simply want to see another ending to the game and some scenes I have not seen before.



Emhyr offered me so much money for bringing him Ciri that I wouldn't have need to "stalk monsters while wading through sewage" ever again, but I refused it. And the smile on Ciri's face when Geralt confirmed he didn't do it for the coin was worth more than what Emhyr could ever offer. :)

Emhyr then promised me a horse, "a thoroughbred Nilfgaardian". Sounds nice, but what will I do with Roach?



Back in Velen, but this time with Ciri. We are heading for Bald Mountain to take revenge on Imlerith for what he did to Vesemir...

I'm now level 28 and starting Act III of this masterpiece of a game. :)

Comments

Popular Posts