Part 62 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



It was time for Geralt to meddle with politics. I want crazy King Radovid to die, but I also want to prevent Dijkstra from becoming king, so I completed the quest Reason of State accordingly. First of all, Geralt attended a meeting with Dijkstra, Roche and Thaler where they discussed their plan to assassinate Radovid.



Philippa was also present, unbeknownst to the men.



Outside, Philippa warned Geralt about Radovid and offered to be bait to lure the king off his ship. She gave Geralt Radovid's father's ring so Geralt could convince Radovid he really captured her.

Before I went to that madman, I completed the low level quest Warehouse of Woe which I just picked up outside. A lone nekker in the warehouse was causing trouble, and I was tasked with killing it and investigating how it got in there. I found a cage with its bars sawed. Apparently, somebody had kept the nekker as a pet. :D I knew I was not the only one who found them to be cute!



Radovid took the bait and left his ship.



And then he ordered me killed. Philippa was absolutely right about him... Luckily, my co-conspirators were there to save my ass, and we killed Radovid's soldiers before cornering him.



Philippa took the opportunity to kill her enemy herself.



Later, Geralt, Ves, Roche and Thaler are shocked to hear Dijkstra's plan to rule Redania and continue fighting Nilfgaard. The Temerian freedom fighters had already signed a treaty with Nilfgaard that says Temeria would become a vassal state of Nilfgaard in exchange for peace - a smart decision in my opinion.



Last picture of Dijkstra. I cut him in half, and all that was left of him was a little pouch containing an axe and a grilled chicken sandwich.



I desperately needed a break from politics after this quest, so I completed a witcher contract which I picked up soon after I first arrived in Velen back in September. It is called Missing Brother, and it is recommended level 33. Now only three levels above me, I decided I was ready for it.



What I'm never ready for is mines where I have to swim underwater in the dark...



I spent a long time running and swimming around in circles before I found a survivor who asked me to avenge her friends.



Geralt chugged down a lot of potions during this quest, Cat, Killer Whale, and then Golden Oriole, Tawny Owl and White Raffard's while fighting the mommy arachas and her swarm of hatchlings. Eventually, he triumphed and collected his reward at the Inn at the Crossroads.



I suddenly remembered I had the final ability slot open, and I used it to re-equip Magic Trap.

Next session, I want to upgrade my bear gear to superior level.

Comments

Popular Posts