Part 65 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



The exclamation point on St Gregory's Bridge turned out to be this lady's quest called Novigrad, Closed City. I remembered her from my first game, and I knew she was lying, but I followed her to her house anyway. I killed the witch hunters who were "haunting" her house, and when Geralt expressed his annoyance over having been led to a trap, she revealed her knowledge about some bandits' treasure. Geralt loves treasure so he stopped being mad immediately.



Do you know the story of the Crooked House of Novigrad? I heard some people talking about it outside. Would be robbers lived in it once, who tried to dig a tunnel to Vivaldi's Bank. They forgot about reinforcing the tunnel, and when it collapsed, the house became crooked.

Once I was done in Novigrad, I hopped on black Roach to ride to the quest marker for "The Creature from the Oxenfurt Forest". Along the way, I saw another exclamation point in a small settlement southwest from the Vegelbud Residence, and I went to investigate. Two men told me there were monsters in their barn and hired me to get rid of them. This was a little side quest called A Barnful of Trouble. I killed the four ghouls giving the men trouble and found some corpses in their barn as well... Geralt advised them to bury bodies deep next time they kill people so as not to attract necrophages.



After some investigation, Geralt found the nest of the creature from the Oxenfurt forest.



The monster was an archgriffin, and it was laughably easy to defeat.



When I was done witchering, I joined the rest of the gang at the Novigard docks and boarded a ship headed to Skellige.



Ciri has the best dad in the (Witcher) world. :)



When we arrived in Skellige, we noticed that Nilfgaard had been quicker to get there.



The emperor has captured Fringilla Vigo, another sorceress vital to us if we want to defeat Eredin, so Geralt's next task will be to free her from the emperor's ship.



"I've just seen a fish! It was this big!"

Avallac'h is occupied with more exciting matters.

He then told us an elven story about some lovers and the artifact called Sunstone which can be used to lure the Wild Hunt to our world.

I chatted with him before starting the quest Veni Vidi Vigo to free Fringilla. The most disturbing thing he said was that he had been breeding elves possessing time and space hopping genes for centuries to create a sort of uber elf, and that Caranthir, the navigator of the Wild Hunt, was the result...



I fast traveled to Marlin Coast on Undvik and swam to the emperor's ship to get Fringilla.

After reading Yennefer's politely threatening letter, the emperor let Fringilla go without giving me any trouble.



Back on our ship, Geralt commented on Fringilla's lack of torture injuries, implying that she must have given the emperor everything he wanted.



She is another character I know almost nothing about, not being familiar with the whole Witcher universe. I know that she is one of Geralt's many former lovers.

Veni Vidi Vigo is now completed, and it's time to move on to The Sunstone.

Comments

Popular Posts