Part 8 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



Meet the most discussed supporting character in The Witcher 3: the Bloody Baron. Without discussing him in length - I will do that when I'm near the end of his story arc - I will just say that I do not pity him the slightest. To me, he is a bad person who deserves everything bad that happens to him. Everyone is welcome to have different opinions; this is mine.

I started off this session by losing a game of Gwent against the baron's quartermaster after which I had exactly 0 money left. I never have much.

The sergeant asked me a few more times "where the fuck" I was going. He doesn't know that in addition to being a Gwent addict, I am also a kleptomaniac. Once I was done looting the baron's yard, I went inside to speak with him and took the above picture.



And then I got to play teleporting Ciri! :)) It was great to see her again.



Just had to take a portrait of Gretka to demonstrate the greatness of character design in this game.



Another portrait of Geralt's daughter.

I finally reached level 4 when it was time to search the rooms of the baron's wife and daughter. I stole all their gold rings, pearls and silver candelabra then put on an innocent face and told the baron I had found signs of a fight.



"So, baron, our loved ones are missing and possibly in grave danger, but how about we put aside searching for them and instead play some cards?"

I had no chance against the baron's deck with all its Scorches and Spies and 10-15 point hero cards... Luckily, there was no money involved - I guess because I had none. :) At least these were exciting games! After three defeats I decided to give up and play him again later.



I spoke with Gretka and gave her the toy Ciri had carved for her.

Then I sold all the valuables I had stolen from the baron to his quartermaster outside his castle and spent all the money I made this way on food.


Early morning and with zero money, I left Crow's Perch to take on the Wild at Heart quest.

Comments

Popular Posts