Part 5 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



This session my first goal was visiting the level 7 wraith at the cemetery. At level 3, I felt brave enough for that fight. I decided to skip Roach and go on foot to do some more exploring on my way there. I cleared some question marks, got an ability point from a place of power - invested it into axii - but was soon whistling for Roach as a pack of level 5 wolves started chasing me.

The wraith killed me but not before its health was completely gone, so to be fair, I actually won. This has always been an unfair fight where the wraith is still fighting for a long time with zero health... Anyway, I went back to the main village to sell stuff and get a little money to buy food. Once stocked up with food, I returned to the wraith and fell through the crypt door while fighting it! I thought that door would be blocked until I blasted it open with aard. Down in the crypt, the fight with the wraith seemed easier and it died quickly. I went back up the stairs to draw from the place of power then left that creepy place. I decided to skip the treasure hunt for the Viper gear. I want to get the Bear gear later.



We continued our expedition in White Orchard to clear question marks. I found a bloody corpse glowing red at a bandit camp but Geralt would only comment "hm... strange" and "wind's howling". Not very helpful, Geralt... After I reached the world's end and another pack of level 5 wolves showed up, I decided to hop on Roach and get out of there.



"Hey, merchant. I got more junk, are you willing to buy?"
"Bring on the junk. But beware, I only have 26 gold."
"Great, because I only have one."

My Geralt is so broke...

Time to continue the main quest.



"Let's go, Vesemir, Yenn is in Vizima."
"Can I finish my... wedge of cheese first?"

After killing the suicidal bandits - what were they expecting attacking two witchers?? - the gorgeous Yenn arrived. Sadly, it is not possible to take pictures of her here as she only appears in cutscenes until after the audience in Vizima.



Let's take a moment to admire... the architecture. :)

"The gentleman" looted the palace while dressed like this and nobody was bothered.



"The checkered pantyhose is a nice touch... So when does the Halloween party start?"

I love Geralt's humor. ;)



I didn't bow to the emperor. After we exchanged some insults, I'm now on my way to see Yennefer.

But first let's take another moment to admire... the architecture. :)

Next session I'm going to lovely Velen with its swamps and dead people hanging from trees! Can't wait. :)

Comments

Popular Posts