Part 16 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



"Is it a bird??"

I realized I missed the underground place of power while doing the Wandering in the Dark quest... Argh, such a noob I am.



So I went back to the elven ruins. This is where we exited with Keira, and we can reenter the ruins here. To find this place, look for three markers east from Fyke Isle near the shore. There is a boat icon below them, and the entrance is very near to that.



In addition to a place of power, there is also some treasure guarded by a level 6 golem down here. After defeating the golem and picking everything up, I set off to my original destination, Lindenvale.



I've decided to devote a few sessions to fleshing out my gwent decks, so I traveled around Velen to buy and win cards missing from my collection.



Is this another bug? The notice board in Downwarren is yellow again, even though I've cleared it before.



After winning enough cards playing the default Northern Realms deck, I could use my Nilfgaardian deck for the first time. One of the toughest opponents was Stjepan, the innkeep in Oxenfurt. I tried to defeat him with my new Nilfgaardian deck, but I wasn't successful. In the end, I beat him with my Northern Realms deck and received the Playing Inkeeps quest.



Without knowing which deck an opponent is playing, I can't prepare, however, if I know someone is playing Monsters or Scoia'tael, I make sure to have plenty of Biting Frost cards in my deck, for example. I did reload if I lost and didn't feel guilty about it.

Vivaldi, the dwarf who owns the bank, plays Scoia'tael, for example, while the soothsayer in Benek prefers Monsters.



By defeating Olivier in Novigrad, I completed the Playing Innkeeps quest and received Big City Players.



Running up my favorite street in Novigrad... Such a beautiful town! :)



Now I'm confused, because I don't remember playing Sigi or even meeting him this playthrough, yet the Big City Players quest was marked as completed after I beat this lady. Maybe I can play him later when I move on to Novigrad main quests? Or is this yet another bug? (According to The Witcher Wikia, it is the latter.)



My Geralt is so poor he can't hire a girl. :D

I'm sorry, Geralt! I'm afraid I suck at managing your finances. :D



Fun with decoys and spies while playing the man in Oreton. :)



The soothsayer in Benek was the last opponent I had to beat to complete the Velen Players quest.

With Geralt's thirst for gambling satisfied, I will do some level 6-7 secondary quests in my log before moving on to the main quests.

Comments

Popular Posts