Part 31 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



This session I spent time and money on enhancing my griffin armor only to learn I can manage Death March in underpants!

In this picture I am still dressed in the basic griffin gear, ready to fight the level 18 forktail to have access to some of the enhanced diagrams.



When did the eighth skill slot open?



I collected all diagrams and had the gear crafted, and when I switched back to play mode - haha - Geralt was naked.



I know I'm not the first Witcher 3 player to make this mistake.



This happens because the way armor enhancements work is that they upgrade the lower level gear to a higher level.



If you wear the lower level gear and upgrade it to a higher level than your current level, your gear disappears from your body.



It will be in your inventory, but you can't wear it until you reach the appropriate level.



I thought about buying some non-witcher gear until I reach level 18 and can wear the enhanced griffin set, but then I decided to try playing naked and see what happens.



What happened was that I had absolutely no problem killing level 16 wraiths with a level 15 Geralt in his underpants on Death March! I found this so unbelievable that I posted the issue on the official forums, but the response was that this was normal unless maybe there was a mod causing it... I play on an Xbox One S, so mods are out of the question. This game is simply this easy even on Death March. And I am not even a hardcore gamer just a single mother in her late thirties who plays two hours a day after she puts her child to bed. I mean Death March difficulty is described in the game settings as "You are truly insane and loving it". I thought thirty something mom would be at the other end of that spectrum. :D



"Hey, we have the same fashion sense!"

So I decided to play naked until I reach level 18 and can put on my enhanced griffin gear. I only kept my basic griffin silver sword which I will upgrade later.



Triss' face! :D

I'm starting her quest Now or Never in which I'm helping her and her mage friends escape Novigrad.



"Wait for me, Triss!"



I have reached level 16 and a new mutagen slot opened.



"If anything happens, I'll defend you... in my underwear... because I'm badass like that."



T: "I'll never forget you."
G: "OK, bye."



I hope he took his vitamins. It's looks a bit chilly.



Dijkstra was also helping the mages escape, and now he asked for my help in assassinating King Radovid. Dijkstra hates him, because he is ruining what his father King Vizimir and Dijkstra had worked for. I'll gladly help kill Radovid, but first I have other matters to attend to.

Comments

Popular Posts