Part 23 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March

Arachas chasing drowners, drowners chasing Geralt... This looks like an illustration for a nursery tale. What happened next was quite funny, the arachas murdered all drowners while Geralt popped some corn and looked on. :D



I know I was supposed to work on lifting the curse from Anna, but fighting an arachas seemed more fun... until I got sticky webbing shot at me.



After defeating the arachas and its minions, I went to find Johnny to ask him what had happened to Anna.



Choosing the doll with the flower was the right decision.



The first and last portrait of Anna that I took.



Tamara saying goodbye to her mother.

For me, the saddest scene in the whole game. Watching this knowing how much Tamara suffered as a child and now has to go on without her mother made my tears fall.



And thus ends the story of the Bloody Baron.



My opinion on him is that he is a bad person who deserves everything bad that happens to him. He is nice to Ciri and Gretka, but that just means he is capable of being nice to some people while being a rotten criminal. Think about it, if someone killed your loved ones but was nice to some other people, would you consider that person less of a killer? Yes, Anna was cheating which is not nice, but cheating is not a crime in my book and not in any modern society I know of. Whereas murder is the most serious crime if it is not done in self defense. I don't know about you, but I will never consider it an okay response to murder someone just because my spouse decided to leave me for them. Also if I am an alcoholic with no intention of quitting this habit like the baron was I should not be surprised my spouse is leaving me. I should also not be surprised my spouse attacks me if I murder their lover and "feed his carcass to the dogs" should I?

It is also not okay to beat someone just because they cheated on you. And this is still not the end of the list of the baron's crimes as he must have raped his wife to get her pregnant with their second child because there is no way she would have wanted to be with him after all this. He also ruined his older daughter's life by robbing her of a normal childhood, instead forcing her to live in fear for her mother's life and her own. Whether he caused her wife to miscarry by beating her or it was caused by something the Crones did on her request is irrelevant at this point. Absolutely nothing the baron did in his marriage is acceptable, and him helping Ciri and Gretka does not change the fact that he is seriously fucked up and should be serving a life sentence if he lived in our world. So for me the "good" ending to this story was letting him kill himself and letting Anna die to free her from suffering.



Before leaving Crow's Perch, I explored roof areas where I had never been before and found more loot!

I watched the rainy sunset from here then meditated until the morning.



The next day, I started the quest to collect the griffin school gear diagrams. Geralt is now level 11, so it is time to dress him in proper witcher gear.



This is in the underground ruins near Dragonslayer's Grotto where I have been before but was underleveled to clear all enemies. This time I ran into the glitch where the level 20 leshen that lives above ground in the forest pops up underground and slaps you dead in one strike. Eventually I reached the room with the ekimmara, killed it and picked up the diagrams.



On my way to Hindhold, I ran into the Death by Fire quest. I saved this elf from the bandits who were trying to burn her alive and received some coin and other valuables.



With the watchtower at Hindhold cleared, there was one more location left to visit to complete my collection of griffin gear diagrams. This is Lornruk.



I enjoy taking photos of overpowered enemies while fighting them on Death March. :)



I'm not sure this is supposed to happen... The poor wyvern somehow got inside the tower and was easy to kill as it couldn't fly away.



"Please tell me you have some leather straps for sale."

My Geralt is permanently broke. The only way I could pay for components of his griffin gear was by first selling what he was wearing.



Geralt finally looking like a proper witcher... and a bit like a grasshopper but whatever.

Next stop: Novigrad!

Comments

Popular Posts