Part 25 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



Following the Thread is the first side quest I'm doing before returning to the main quests. This one is a long story starting in the Novigrad slums, leading to the breathtaking Skellige isles and ending with a murder in the garden of a luxurious Novigrad villa. Well, the murder is optional but this is how I chose to end it.



There is an ekimmara hiding in this watermill.



By the time Geralt gets to the monster, another witcher is already fighting it. This is Geralt's friend, Lambert, looking quite smug here.

After finishing the ekimmara together, Lambert asks Geralt to help avenge the murder of his friend Aiden, another fellow witcher. I agreed to help him find the murderer.



I ran into this idiot named Ronvid of the Small Marsh again and whooped his ass again. I had last seen him in Part 14 in Velen. He never learns...



Looking for a ship headed to Skellige. I didn't think I would travel there so early in the game, and I got very excited at this point. I honestly don't remember why but during my first playthrough, I didn't venture to Skellige until after finishing all main quests in Novigrad.



I've been in love with old ships since playing AC 4 Black Flag. :)



Geralt admiring the beautiful details on this ship.



Sailing out of the port of Novigrad.

After beating up the Skelliger who dared insult my bitchy lovely girlfriend Yennefer, I stopped to admire the pristine sea, the clouds, the sirens... This music started to play and I swear I could feel the cold of the air. Welcome to Skellige. :)



Sailing all the way to Faroe in this small boat was quite the adventure. This siren decided to hitch a ride with me. It didn't harm me or my boat just hang there and made those terrible screeching sounds. Once I grew tired of listening to that, I stood up and cut it down with my sword. I also saw a whale!



I killed a bunch of criminals, some endregas and this glitchy wyvern on Faroe. Somewhere along the way, I noticed I had reached level 13! I upgraded Magic Trap.



I'm back in Novigrad on my way to meet up with Lambert to tell him what I learned on Faroe. A yellow exclamation point distracted me. It was a little kid who whimpered, "They... they..." then ran away and led me into a trap.



Twin sisters perhaps? Or a case of NPC cloning?



Taking my sweet time getting back to Lambert, because I love exploring. Here Geralt is attending a little concert.

I also sold all the loot I took from Skellige and easily made back the money it cost to travel there and then some. Bye, poverty!



So we found Jad Karadin, the leader of the assassins who had killed Lambert's friend.



Karadin turns out to be a witcher, too, but he is also a slave trader and a murderer, so I let Lambert kill him.



And thus ends this "little" side quest.

Comments

Popular Posts