Part 27 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



Deadly Delights is a level 15 witcher contract in Novigrad. I decided my level 13 Geralt was ready to tackle it.



Tonight on CSI: Novigrad Detective Geralt of Rivia is searching for desiccated bodies with fingernail scratches on them.



His search leads to a brothel called Crippled Kate's where the madame is very helpful after an application of the Axii sign.



I killed Salma the succubus for her mutagen. I let her live in my first game and this time wanted to try this fight on Death March. I won't say it was easy, but still far from the hardest fights. I used Northern Wind bomb, Hybrid oil, Thunderbolt potion and Axii sign and kept going upstairs to eat some dumplings when needed.



Geralt taking a moment to rest before I send him on another quest.



I noticed a yellow exclamation point near the port indicating someone needed help there. It was a crying strumpet who works at Crippled Kate's. She asked me to kick out the Skellige thugs who had taken over the establishment. This was a very easy task, all I had to do was cast Axii, and the "gentlemen" adorned with various animal horns were out the door.



The strumpet was impressed with me. As I'm getting rich by this point, I did not accept any money from her.



The Volunteer is a level 13 secondary quest marked as being in Novigrad, but it is actually much closer to Oxenfurt.



It involves a dumb rock troll who sings badly and enjoys cooking human stew. He became another character whom I spared in my first game but not this time. He dropped a cave troll liver, an alchemy ingredient that is very hard to come by.



I wish I knew enough about medieval life to know what these smoking chimneys sticking up from the ground were used for. Underground smokehouse maybe?



Only two more secondary quests of the appropriate levels left for me in Novigrad. The first is Fencing Lessons with the privileged princess Rosa var Attre.

Comments

Popular Posts