Part 4 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



Geralt and his favorite girlfriend, Roach. Many people don't know Roach is a mare.

The first thing I did this session was to complete the Precious Cargo quest which I had tried before but the damn drowners had kept killing me in the swamp where I got stuck on trees trying to roll away... This time I was successful and decided to let the liar keep the medicine. I don't take sides in the war. Sometimes I help this side and sometimes the other.

Then I went back to my favorite herbalist Tomira to sell her honeycombs as per her notice posted on a tree. She didn't pay me nearly as much as I expected, but whatever.



I helped the old woman get her pan back then followed her home like the creep I am. :D I was just curious where she lived. I also tried to give her the silver monocle which I stumbled upon in the hut where the pan was. I don't think I found it during my first playthrough. But I realized there was no way to give it to her as it didn't belong to her. It seems nothing can be done with the monocle except selling it later.

I talked to Vesemir at the inn after this to move along the griffin quest. Before following him to the field, I sat down to play Gwent. The historian played like a complete idiot, and I easily defeated him again! Seriously, he made such stupid moves I even checked the difficulty setting thinking maybe it wasn't on "Hard" but it was.



"Hey Bastien! How's the Black One you and your brother kept as a friend?" Bastien: *says nothing*



I'm happy I wasn't born in the Middle Ages and have a washing machine... This woman is the wife of Bastien's brother, and the Black One, Rhosyn, can be seen in the background. Looks like they are one big happy family now. :)



We fought the griffin in the most beautiful sunset ever.



Taking photos while fighting a griffin ain't easy! :D I wished I had a cameraman. Or a selfie stick.

I did the first section of the fight without dying - even though some wild dogs showed up to make my life harder - then died several times after the checkpoint when the griffin flies to the windmill. Eventually, I ran out of food and Swallow potions, so...



... I escaped the battlefield like a coward to look for food. Then I realized I could just meditate until the morning to get my potions back! So I did just that then went back to the windmill where Vesemir was still fighting the griffin. :D I finished it and took a trophy. Such a great fight and so rewarding on Death March! :)

I accepted the gold from the Nilfgaardian commander for killing the griffin, because I don't work for free. You know, "witcher's code" and all. :) Right after that I reached level 3 and spent my two available points on upgrading my exploding quen shield. I bought the Disglair sword from the guy at the garrison who keeps asking if I am there to spy or to haggle... Neither, my friend, I'm there to sell my useless junk to you... I brewed the griffin decoction using the mutagen I got from the griffin then went on to explore some more question marks in the area.



Just another pretty photo from White Orchard. :) I found useful recipes, brewed more potions and decoctions and unlocked another herbalist and a merchant at settlements I liberated.

Next session, I'm finally going to be reunited with Yennefer. :)

Comments

Popular Posts