Part 10 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



My plan for this session was visiting places of power, clearing question marks, looting and making more money. I hopped on a boat in Oreton and headed for a tiny island with a question mark on it. There I met level 4 drowners who were annoying to fight as the island (basically just a tip of some underwater ruins covered in vegetation) is so small Geralt kept falling into the water while trying to evade hits, put away his sword and when he got out, started punching the drowners with his fists...



There he is. :)

When I tried to get the underwater treasure I found I couldn't dive... This was the first time I encountered this bug, and the solution was creating a save where I was and reloading the same file.

Underwater, some level 10 drowners were waiting, but Geralt is a faster swimmer, so I looted the chests without problems. I found useful recipes for decoctions.



After arriving on the other shore of the lake, I ran into level 14-18 wraiths and a level "??" gargoyle guarding treasure chests which I sadly had to skip for now.



However, I found what I came for, a place of power which was unguarded. I also killed a group of level 9 deserters and looted their camp.



These photos look like we are viewing them on a dirty phone screen or something.

I ventured to places far above my level, found the road to Bald Mountain and heard the Spirit speaking from the tree. Roach saved my life more than once when she just kept galloping over god tier enemies. Thanks Roach. :) I picked up another ability point from a place of power by the Ancient Oak.



I arrived in Downwarren and did what Geralt does in villages he visits for the first time: robbed the residents and sold their stuff to the unsuspecting local merchant. I also played Gwent with the merchant and won easily.

I will continue this grand expedition across Velen until I'm level 5.

Comments

Popular Posts