Part 11 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



I continued my quest for places of power in Velen and found this amazing peak. It appeared unguarded at first, but when I started down the slope, a leshen jumped out of nowhere and killed me with one hit. After I respawned, I drew from the power again and this time skied down on the other side.

I spent half this session trying to kill all the wraiths (lvl 7) that are guarding treasure at Dragonslayer's Grotto. There are several rooms in the underground ruins and one or two wraiths in each. I killed six, picked up tons of useful loot, and decided to leave after being killed several times by the wraiths behind the breakable wall.



Geralt enjoying fresh air after the long fight with the wraiths inside the dark ruins. I fast traveled to the Isolated Shack (aka the former home of the late Niellen / werewolf), and the above picture was taken on my way to Lornruk from there.



Lornruk is a beautiful place. The first time I approached, a skull level red dragon thing (wyvern?) chased me more than halfway back to the Abandoned Tower. I did not let myself be scared off as there is a place of power at the foot of the tower on which the dragon thing lives. While running back to Lornruk, I was attacked by a flock of level 7 harpies, but they were an easy kill. I massacred like six of them.



After drawing from the place of power, I went for a nice swim to be as far from the mini dragon as possible. I decided I had enough of the wilderness for now.



Ah, back in civilization. This is near the Inn at the Crossroads. The innkeep was not behind the counter, so while waiting for him, I entered a fist fighting match. My level 9 opponent kicked my behind and suggested "push ups and vegetables" would help if I wanted to get stronger. Finally the innkeep showed up for work. I bought food and set off for Oxenfurt.



"Hmm, I wonder if there is anything to loot here."

The Redanian soldiers at this settlement let me steal everything they owned, but when I picked up their last platter, they started to chase me.



One of them chased me out to here then gave up and went home.

More junk to sell in Oxenfurt! :)



Welcome to lovely Oxenfurt. On the notice board, I found a level 6 contract, so I will definitely continue with that after doing business with the local merchants. (I am still level 4.)

Comments

Popular Posts