Part 1 - Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - 1st Playthrough

I've spent 4 hours in this game so far. Being made by Ubisoft, I expect a simple story and simple characters but an enjoyable and attractive game. So far it's everything I hoped it would be. I was just starting to get frustrated by the overly long escape sequence at the beginning when I understood its purpose: The moments our Na'vi character finally sees the luscious green of their home planet at the end of the dark tunnel and when they finally step outside into the thick jungle for the first time in their life, can have the desired effect on us players only after spending so much time finding our way out of that ugly metal labyrinth. When I was finallly free, I acted exactly as my character would have, just running around wondering at everything around me, listening to the alien sounds, examining the alien plants, traveling up and down vines, so just exploring and enjoying being free in that gorgeous and exciting new world. As I mentioned on this page, 2009's Avatar: The Game was the game that made me want to get a console to be able immerse myself in beautiful fantasy worlds by easily playing in them on a large TV screen. Which means I've been waiting for a game like Frontiers of Pandora for 15 years. :) For now, I'm spending a lot of time reading about the flora and fauna of Pandora in the Hunter's Guide when I receive a new entry. As in every game that I enjoy very much, I'm taking my time progressing through the main story. I've just arrived at the Resistance base, and after I looked around inside a bit, I went outside to witness my first night out in nature on Pandora. Magical. :) I'm also enjoying the music which reminds me very much of Skyrim.

Comments

Popular Posts