Part 13 - Horizon Forbidden West - 1st Playthrough


A lot has happened since I last blogged. I killed my first Slaughterspine. I learned to fly on the wings of the Ten! :) I named my Sunwing Sunny. Not very original, I know, but I think it’s a good name.

Flying just above the ocean, water splashing up as the tip of Sunny’s wing touches the surface, epic music playing - moments like this are only comparable to my experience of riding Roach across the cold meadows of Skellige. Moments like this make me feel happy and free, some of my favorite feelings. :)

Thanks to Sunny, I was also able to stumble across an Easter egg. As I was flying back to base after fixing the Tallneck at Landfall, I was above an unmarked, small island, and Aloy commented she was wondering what was on it. I landed and found a memorial to a friend which I learned had been created for Guerrilla Games lead producer Patrick Munnik who passed away three years ago. :(

I found that main quests are way easier than side quests. Not that I mind. I loved the exhilarating fights during side quests, so I would say Hard is the perfect difficulty for me in this game. Regalla seemed difficult at first but plasma arrows to her face and explosive spikes did the job quickly. Erik was also easy once I realized I should ditch fire arrows to which he is allegedly weak to and just use normal ones. My next task is killing Tilda / Specter Prime.

Comments

Popular Posts