Part 10 - Horizon Forbidden West - 1st Playthrough


Killing my first Stormbird was an exhilarating experience. :) Actually, that whole quest was! It was just last year when I flew in a hot air balloon for the first time in my life, so the experience is quite fresh. I could totally relate to Morlund’s excitement about his project. Also, I was thinking that maybe this side quest exists to hint at the fact that later we will be able to fly in this game. Yes, I know we will be able to, I’ve “spoiled” this surprise for myself a while ago while watching YouTube videos about new features in this sequel. I don’t mind, though. “Spoilers” don’t really spoil anything for me; if it’s something bad, it helps me prepare for it, and if it’s something good, I get all the more excited waiting for it to happen. :)

I also want to mention that I had a blast exploring Cauldron Iota! Aloy’s funniest line for me so far has been, “There seems to be a Tallneck blocking this platform.” :D I have three words for this cauldron: funny, cute, cool!

I didn't get attached to any of my Chargers or Bristlebacks enough to name them - or to keep them alive for that matter - but I find my Acid Clawstrider so cute that I don't want to lose him. I tend to park him at a safe distance from battles. :) I named him Szimat in Hungarian, which means Sniff. I like his name in both languages.

A few days ago I randomly traveled back to Plainsong to show something to my girlfriend - she is currently doing the main quest The Dying Lands - and I was pleasantly surprised to find new dialogue from the Utaru guy I had saved from the Eclipse and a whole new side quest from the blind Tenakth guy I had helped in another side quest. Had I not gone back, I would have missed these completely! Things like these make the game's world feel real, something I've not experienced since The Witcher 3.

The last main quest I've completed was Seeds of the Past.

The last image I'll post below was taken by my daughter. :)

Comments

Popular Posts