Part 2 - The Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone - 1st playthrough


The Ofieri mage and friends was another tough fight for me. I used Quen and Northern Wind bombs and went through all my food and drinks by the time I managed to get rid of them. I wish I realized earlier that I had White Raffard’s Decoction equipped in one of my quick slots. :D Still not quite back in the Witcher 3 groove. :)


After the fight, I went food shopping in Novigrad, but all I could find was dried fish and water. I decided my Geralt deserved better and traveled to Toussaint just to get him some bananas, raspberries and candy. Gosh, Beauclair is beautiful! I’ve forgotten just how much. :) After I bought the food, I spent a little time looking around marvelling at the architecture and listening to a sweet song in the street (which I sadly can't find anywhere online) before I returned to gloomy Velen.


I want to explore the runewright enchantments, so I started the necessary quest. Just what in the world is that horrifying noise that can be heard in the cave where we get the jade? Sounds like no monster I ever heard in this game, more like some giant machine…


I was still not about to continue the main quest when I unexpectedly ran into Gaunter O’Dimm sitting in a tree and was basically forced to listen to the main story of this expansion. Oh, well, guess I can’t avoid making a pact with the Devil any longer.


I returned to the runewright and found he required 10000 more gold before he could craft enhanced runestones! That is roughly half of all my gold at this point. I’ll go back to my old habit of picking up all the junk I find and selling it to merchants to accumulate more money. For now, I’ll just work on getting two basic enchantments, Dumplings and Deflection.



To defeat Olgierd, I ended up using Quen, Hanged Man’s Venom (Not sure it worked, though. Is he even considered a man, being immortal and all?) and plenty of patience. I tried to use bombs, but he is way too quick for those, and Axii didn’t seem to have any effect.



I have managed to get the first enchantment, Dumplings. I really hope it is worth all the hassle as I had to travel from from Oreton to Aleness, from Brunwich through Novigrad to Crow's Perch to collect all necessary diagrams and ingredients.

Comments

Popular Posts