Part 1 - The Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone - 1st playthrough



It was a dark and stormy night when I returned to Velen to start the Hearts of Stone expansion of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I'm using the same Geralt who completed the main game and the Blood and Wine expansion back in 2015/16. He is level 54, sporting Mastercrafted Ursine gear dyed all sorts of colors, and his Roach can barely be seen under all that armor. :D Ah, the countless hours of fun I have spent with these characters! It's so good to be back. :)

I'm playing on Death March, and Gwent difficulty is set to Hard, because I really enjoyed these settings on my second playthrough. Toughest fight so far has been the Toad Prince. I died a few times before I found that Northern Wind bomb and Archgriffin decoction are quite effective against it. I also used Golden Oriole, obviously.

Second toughest fight has been the group of Fallen Knights in the cave during the Rose on a Red Field quest. I found the trick there is to pelt them with Dancing Star bombs. :)

Comments

Popular Posts