Part 4 - The Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone - 1st playthrough



I'm done defeating the Caretaker, the Wraith from the Painting and Iris' Greatest Fear, and I wouldn't say any of these were particularly hard boss fights. The Caretaker was a bit tricky, but after I realized I didn't have to worry about being near him with Ekhidna decoction up, he was easy. Truth be said, even though I play on Death March, my Geralt is also totally overleveled, having already completed Blood and Wine. Although, we should also remember I'm the sort of gamer who could complete the base game on Death March in underpants. :D


I didn't take the rose from Iris no matter how much the game implied I should. Mainly because I was curious how the quest would turn out if I didn't literally fulfill Olgierd's wish. But also, Iris herself said she was afraid of disappearing completely from the world, and all she wanted was to see Olgierd again. I don't know how the story ends and whether I have a chance to reunite her with Olgierd, but if I took her rose, for sure there would be no way to do that.


As for Olgierd, after learning what he did and why, I don't see him as a murderer. I see him as a man who made bad choices, but the real evil is Gaunter O'Dimm, and it was him who murdered Iris' father through Olgierd.

Comments

Popular Posts