Part 17 - The End - Assassin's Creed Odyssey - 1st Playthrough



The unpayable mercenaries got really annoying during the last main missions of this game. Still, this post will be about how fights that appeared to be extremely difficult at first turned out to be very easy.



First, there was Pausanias. Alone, he wouldn’t have been too tricky, but every time I attacked him, all nearby villagers started hitting me with various tools. Eventually, I lured him to the nearby hill where he got attacked by a bear. :D He managed to kill it but not before losing much of his health. I watched from a safe distance. After that, he got stuck on some wild flowers or something - I’m not really sure. In any case, he just stood there waving his arms while I fired arrows at his face until he died.



Then came the Battle of Pylos, supposedly the hardest fight among main missions where you have to face your sibling. I was prepared to die countless times before defeating Deimos. Instead, what happened was, I fired a few arrows at him, and even before he could display any of his special attacks, the game went straight to the cutscene where a tree trunk falls on him. I have no idea why this happened. The only suggestion I could find online was that this could happen when the leveling is set to “Light”. However, mine is set to “Default” - in fact, I never touched that setting.



Finally, Rhexenor. I carefully assassinated all of his guards before even attempting to kill him, but of course two or three unpayable mercenaries showed up every time I finally got near him. Then I remembered: Meditate until night. I think that is probably the best advice I can give anyone playing this game on Hard: Meditate until night. :) Rhexenor was peacefully sleeping in his tent. I sneaked up on him and murdered him like the skilled assassin I am. :)



There is still a lot to do in this game, even with the main quests finished. But after 120+ hours in AC Odyssey, I need to do something else before I get back to it. :)

Comments

Popular Posts