Part 3 - Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 1st Playthrough


I am currently on Sequence 5, at level 6, and working on conquering the City of London.


I love getting a close look at the posters as I am exploring 1868 London. The one behind Jacob is advertising a show at the Islington Philharmonic Theatre. I did some googling and found out that the building was designed by William Finch Hill, opened in 1860 and destroyed by fire in 1882. (Source) The second poster for the Priestman Brothers' oil engine is not historically accurate, as it was invented twenty years later than the setting of this game.




Charles Darwin, as recreated by Ubisoft. He would be 59 years old in the game, and we are nine years after the publication of On the Origin of Species.


The building of Lambeth Asylum can be seen here behind Jacob. I have learned that this place never existed in real life. By the looks of it, it may have been inspired by the Holloway Sanatorium or another similar psychiatric hospital


Bicycles like this (called a penny-farthing) became popular later than 1868. But it is true that the safety bicycle (the type of bicycle still being used today) did not exist in this era.




Evie standing on Trafalgar Square looking towards the National Gallery.


I took this photo at the same location in August 2017.


Unfortunately, I'm never allowed to do this when I visit London. :D


I finally heard some period music I enjoyed in this game. Musicians were playing this song while a couple was dancing on Trafalgar Square. Music in Black Flag was much more to my taste, though.




So this is where Edward Kenway lived after returning to England. It seems pirating paid off quite well. :)


I forget which train station this is, but it looks amazing.




Evie looking down from St Paul's Cathedral.


Riding an omnibus towards St Paul's in the game.

Riding a sightseeing bus towards St Paul's last summer.



Evie sitting on the grasshopper on top of the Royal Exchange.

Comments

Popular Posts