Part 43 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



All I wanted to do this session was play gwent in Skellige, instead I was dragged into main quests featuring werebears, holograms and angry druids... When I arrived at the spot where I was supposed to challenge Ermion in gwent, he was screaming at Yennefer for wanting to use the mask she had stolen from him.



"When you're done yelling, can we play gwent?"

Ermion's face says it all. :D



Yennefer wants to use Ermion's augmented reality headset, I mean magical mask, to find Ciri, of course, but Ermion doesn't care, he is worried using the mask will unleash a curse that will cause the sea to flood the whole island.



Geralt: "Are you still busy or can we play gwent now?"



I followed Yennefer as instructed, and through the Mask of Uroboros, we could see the ghost images of Ciri, the person she had been traveling with and their attackers in the destroyed forest. We still don't know where Ciri disappeared to, but when we found the body of a member of the Wild Hunt, Ermion cared to mention that the Wild Hunt almost completely eradicated a village on Hindarsfjall not long ago.



I reached level 22 while doing this quest, yay for me!

Then Ermion finally gave me the option to play gwent with him, and I won his Leshen card. He suggested I challenge Crach next, so I traveled to Kaer Trolde.



A wild party was taking place at Kaer Trolde with girls dancing on the tables and... wolves?



I went to speak with the host and play some gwent, but suddenly we heard roars and screams from the feast hall. I guess gwent will have to wait?



Bears appeared at the party and started feasting on the guests!



I killed the bears and decided to help Cerys investigate what had happened exactly.



"So, um, Crach, I know bloodthirsty werebears just mangled a dozen people at your party, but... how about a game of gwent?"

He was happy to play at this point, and I won his Draug card.



Cerys and I searched through every inch of Kaer Trolde keep and found that Birna, King Bran's widow, was responsible for the massacre at the feast. She wanted her son Svanrige become king so decided to get rid of all other applicants to the throne by unleashing berserkers on them. Because this was the easiest way, I guess.



She was sentenced to death by being chained to a rock at sea, and Svanrige was exiled.

Now I can finally leave Kaer Trolde where I had been locked in until we solved this mystery and can go play gwent with Sjusta, the tailor.

Comments

Popular Posts