Playing The Witcher 3 Complete Edition on PS5


We’ve bought The Witcher 3 Complete Edition for our PS5, and now my girlfriend and I are both playing it. She’s a bit further along as I hadn’t finished Ragnarök when we bought it.

I won’t document my whole playthrough, I did that six years ago when I played the base game for the second time, but I may post a few more screenshots.

This game is still my favorite ever. The worldbuilding is so perfect that I don’t really have memories of playing a game called The Witcher 3 but memories of actually being there with Geralt on his adventures, walking among blooming trees in White Orchard, traveling through swampy Velen, exploring the dark alleys of Novigrad, galloping across meadows in Skellige...

This time I’m playing with Polish voiceover for a more realistic experience. I will switch to English though when I get to Skellige, because I don’t want to miss out on that wonderful Irish accent. For Toussaint, I would choose French voiceover, but I’m not sure it’s available for the version of the game that I could buy here in Hungary.

There is one more thing I changed about how I play this game now that I’m playing it for the third time. One early morning I was walking through some woods in White Orchard, and the music completely stopped as it sometimes does. I suddenly became aware of how beautiful and calming the sounds of nature were in the game - birds chirping, twigs crackling... I live in Central Europe so the sights and sounds were pleasantly familiar, as if I was hiking in a forest in my home country. I turned off the music at that point and have been playing without music since. It’s not that I don’t find the music of The Witcher 3 one of the best music ever written for a video game, but I’ve listened to it a thousand times over the past years. I may turn it back on later for a while when I get to Skellige or Toussaint, but for now, I prefer to hear nothing but the sounds of the world, Roach’s hooves trotting on the dirt paths, monsters screeching and slurping, the wind howling... :)

And as during my first two playthroughs, I rarely use fast travel. I don’t want unrealistic things like that to break my immersion.

Comments

Popular Posts