Part 2 - Stray - 1st Playthrough


Stray is set in a wonderfully weird world inhabited by self-conscious humanoid robots who for some reason mimic human behavior. I still don’t know what happened to humans and how long they’ve been gone, but I’ve noticed all calendars stopped on 11th October. Year unknown. The story has some similarities with that of Wall-E as the Earth has become uninhabitable for humans due to too much waste, and now robots roam the planet. Like the movie, the game is also fitting for kids, as both the platforming and the puzzles are easy. Actually, let me rethink that. Those eyes on the walls of the sewers are definitely not for very young kids, may even cause nightmares in some adults. Other than that, it’s a great mix of funny and somber. The Skyrim reference “until I took a screwdriver to the knee” made me chuckle. :) But I have a feeling the ending will be very sad.

Comments

Popular Posts