Part 1 - Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection - 1st Playthrough


While I'm waiting for God of War Ragnarök to become a little cheaper, I'm finally playing some Uncharted games. I'd never played any. When A Thief's End came out in 2016 I didn't own a PS4. I bought one 2 years later, but I played Horizon Zero Dawn first, and then there was always some other game higher on my priority list than Uncharted. Until now. :)

I've bought the Legacy of Thieves Collection which includes A Thief's End and The Lost Legacy. I'm playing A Thief's End first. So far no other video game had made me more curious about how the protagnoists would get out of the trouble they were in than this one. The action sequences keep me on the edge of my couch. The music is epic. It amazes me how interactive action sequences seamlessly roll into scripted cutscenes without any "cut". This really is more like an interactive movie than a game, even more so than The Last of Us, the other Naughty Dog game I've played. There is no crafting, no hunting, no inventory, no map. Instead there are extremely life-like visuals, well-written dialogues and a chance to learn about real historical figures. I'm enjoying my time in this interactive movie very much. :)

Comments

Popular Posts