Part 6 - Horizon Forbidden West - 1st Playthrough


The difficulty of this game is something I’ve not seen in any other open world game I’ve played. I’m still on Hard and will not lower it unless I absolutely must, but it was quite frustrating to keep hitting walls whenever I tried a side quest. I tried four different side quests 3-5 levels below me where I couldn't get past the point where I had to kill more than one machine. I will have to get back to those later. I completed some fun side activities and salvage contracts and then continued the main story with The Broken Sky.

I'm playing on Guided mode which is great for gamers with a limited time such as me. I love how Aloy comments something like "it seems I've found everything worthwhile in here" or "looks like I'm finished here" when I manage to find all loot or complete all required tasks at a location so I don't waste time looking around more.

Below are some photos I took on my adventures, and two photos (the last ones) taken by my now 13-year-old daughter who is playing on Easy. She was so happy she managed to defeat a Thunderjaw that she took a photo to commemorate the event. :) She calls that photo “The Thunderjaw’s Last Moment”. :D

Comments

Popular Posts