Dreams first reaction



While I'm deciding what big game to play next, I'm trying out Dreams. It was actually my girlfriend who suggested buying this game. I talked to her about it before, then I kind of forgot it existed. I knew from reviews I had read that it was not just a game but a powerful creation tool. When I told her about my sadness over The Last of Us Part II, she reminded me that I had wanted to try Dreams. So we bought it.

Now I can understand it can be an amazing and addictive game to someone who enjoys creating interactive animations, compose music, etc. As for me, I use paper and art supplies when I want to create something. I'm still playing through Art's Dream, the game created by Media Molecule to show what their tools are capable of. I plan to complete it, but so far I'm not a fan. Parts of it look as childish as a game made for 5-year-olds. Parts of it are as hard as an Ori game, while the characters are ugly, the music annoying, and the environment frustrating to navigate as it only looks 3D, but in reality is side-scrolling. As for the story, it is exactly what the title says, a dream. When my own dreams don't even make sense to me, why would I want to watch someone else's? :)



I've also checked out a few random creations. One was a recreation of the children's room in Toy Story where we could run around with a Buzz Lightyear character. The other was a Space Invaders type of game. They looked nice and all, and I'm sure a lot of effort went into making them. But why would I want to spend my time checking out little game creation projects of strangers when I can play games like these?

Meanwhile, my girlfriend has completed AC Black Flag and is now playing Horizon Zero Dawn. :) She's still waiting before starting Ghost of Tsushima, just to make sure the game is as flawless as it can be when she plays it.

Comments

Popular Posts