Part 3 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits - 1st Playthrough


I enjoyed this game until the boss fight with the Hunter. That fight made me lower the difficulty to easy after trying to defeat the boss for 2x30 minutes. This was the first boss in the game that was no fun at all for me and because I was making no progress after 1 hour of trying, I decided it was not worth my time. I defeated the Hunter in 5 minutes on easy and now Toshi is up next. Because I lost my otherwise quite long patience, I think I'll do the rest of the game on easy. I've realized this game is most similar to God of War of all the games I've played, and I had trouble with the higher difficulties there as well. Kena is also a hack and slash game but unlike GoW, it doesn't make me feel it's worth spending more time on the bosses. Below is a list of bosses I've defeated on medium difficulty and the time it took. They were all fun, so I didn't mind spending this time. But the Hunter was just annoying and frustrating and made me not want to spend this much time with Toshi or any other boss after him. Things I like about the game: the mysterious, bittersweet story and the smart, creative puzzles. Things I don't like: manual save pointless, because it will load at an autosave anyway, and this results in having to repeat tedious actions every time you die in a fight. Also some rot hats (party hat, cowboy, cake, etc.) are totally out of place from a cultural point of view, which I find immersion-breaking.

Taro 3 hrs 10 min
Stone Guardian 2 hrs 10 min
Woodsmith 2 hrs
Mask Maker 15 min
Warrior 10 min

And finally the Hunter took 1 hr on medium plus 5 min on easy.

Comments

Popular Posts