Part 9 - Ghost of Tsushima - 1st Playthrough


The first session I played after my last post started out as the most hilarious Ghost of Tsushima play session I had - until it turned into the saddest and most tragic.

The Mongol guards are totally retarded. Clearing out a fort is much easier than in AC Odyssey, for example. Instead of all Mongol guards ganging up on you after you kill one, you can blow up one’s head with an explosive arrow and his buddies five feet away don’t suspect a thing. :D I had a great time infiltrating Castle Shimura.

And then my beautiful, shiny black horse Kage was killed and I cried my eyes out. :( I had to turn off the game right after Act III started, because I needed some time to mourn Kage. I went to the kitchen crying, and my girlfriend thought I accidentally saved over my game or something to that effect, but I couldn’t tell her the truth, because she is still doing Act II and doesn’t want spoilers. So I just told her something terribly sad happened, and she hugged me.

I don’t care much about war stories. Fighting for our homeland, protecting it with our life - these are old-fashioned values that my 21st-century, 1st-world self can’t relate to. But the pointless death of an innocent, smart animal such as a horse always gets to me. And I hold my uncle solely responsible. Not the Mongols. If my uncle didn’t throw me in jail, Kage would still be alive.

I hate the game for doing this to me, showing all those cute bonding moments between Jin and his horse after missions, and then taking Kage away. :( But I also love the game for making me emotionally invested.

I named my new horse Kaze. He's white, and I like to pretend he's the ghost of Kage...

Comments

Popular Posts