Witcher potion cocktails



These photos are the culmination of a 9-month project. I decided to try making all these witcher potion cocktails early this year, but I didn't want to spend a ton of money on booze at once. My girlfriend was brave enough to try almost all of them with me - with the exception of Cat, as she detests melon.





Blizzard

Ingredients I used for 2 portions:

4 oz vodka
2 oz blue curacao
juice of half a lemon

The first cocktail I tried and one of my favorites of the bunch. It tasted good, looked great and was easy to make. I made a non-alcoholic version for my 10-year-old daughter, mixing lemon juice, curacao and water, basically creating a blue-colored lemonade. She loved it. :)











Tawny Owl

Ingredients I used for 2 portions:

4 oz vodka
4 oz blue curacao
4 oz grenadine
Red Bull

This one was OK but too syrupy. The original recipe calls for "1 part vodka, 1 part blue curacao, 1 part grenadine" which results in a drink that is 1 part vodka and 2 parts syrup. If I ever make this again, I would use 1 part vodka and 1/2 part of the two syrups.











White Honey

Ingredients I used for 1 portion:

50 ml whiskey
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 piece of cinnamon

We didn't drink it warm as the recipe suggested, nevertheless, it was quite nice.















White Raffard's Decoction

Ingredients I used for 1 portion:

2 oz vodka
1 oz coffee liqueur
4 oz cola

This one tasted good but looked disgusting. I think the cola and the creamy coffee liqueur didn't have a good effect on each other. I didn't realize I should've been looking for a coffee liqueur that didn't have added cream. If I ever make this again, I will invest in a different coffee liqueur.











Swallow

Ingredients I used for 2 portions:

4 oz vodka
8 oz tomato juice
dash worcester sauce
dash tabasco sauce
pinch sugar

I only drank this one because I was dedicated to try all these witcher cocktails. I knew from the start I would hate it, because tomato juice makes me gag. I'm a tough witcher girl, though, and I finished it in small sips. :)










Cat

Ingredients I used for 1 portion:

1 oz melon liqueur
1 oz cherry liqueur
5 oz lemonade*
dash lemon juice

*
1 heaped tablespoon powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
9 oz water

I absolutely loved this one! Definitely my favorite witcher cocktail, looked and tasted beautiful :)

Comments

Popular Posts