Part 1 - The Last of Us Remastered - 1st Playthrough



Now that I have a PS4, I must play The Last of Us. This five-year-old game is considered a masterpiece by many, and I want to play it for its story, even though I'm not a fan of zombie games. First of all, I have a soft spot for father-daughter stories. I was also impressed by the reaction of fans to the announcement of a sequel to the game. Such emotions can only be generated by characters who feel like loved ones.

Speaking of strong emotions, the fact that a gamer was moved to create such a review as this one also tells me this game is something special.

I read an interesting article on the blog Play First Talk Later about the relevance of Joel making a decision for Ellie at the end of TLOU. The authors criticized the game for allowing this and referred back to The Witcher 3 where a similar thing happens. Even though a girl is in the center of both stories, a man's decisions shape the story and the girl's fate. In my opinion, there is a difference between the two as Ciri is in her early 20s, whereas Ellie is only 14. Children do not always know what is best for them, so I see no problem with Joel not letting Ellie sacrifice herself.
















Comments

Popular Posts