Part 1 - Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 1st Playthrough



Before playing a newer game I must complete one that is over two years old, never played it and is worthy of playing. This is Assassin's Creed Syndicate. It is regarded as one of the best AC games available for current gen consoles, and it is set in 1868 London. I have strong ties to London and I am just fascinated by big cities in general. 1868 is the Victorian era, after the Industrial Revolution, the dirty cradle of today's mechanized, comfortable world into which I am happy to have been born. Some real historical figures featured in the game include Florence Nightingale, Charles Dickens and Charles Darwin. In addition, there is a playable female main character, still a rarity. These were the things that sparked my interest in the game.



I am currently between Sequences 2 and 3, and I am enjoying my time in the game immensely.



I can't stop marveling at all the fine details of the interiors, buildings and clothing of the main characters.



I love exploring the world and finding carefully rendered machines like this steam engine...



... and this awesome switchboard.



Everything from the dirt on the walls to the rust on the iron railing looks real.



Then I arrived in smoky London and fell in love. :)





Jacob seems to be interested in reading the painted ads on this omnibus. :) This is one of the first versions of London's famous double-decker buses.



I took this photo in August 2017.



This is how the above location looks in the game.



I envy the Frye twins for being able to examine these architectural wonders from so close.



I seriously wish I was a pigeon in London. And this game is the closest I will ever get to realizing that dream. :)

Comments

Popular Posts