Far Cry 5 "The Rise of a Cult" trailer



When I was much younger, I was addicted to the idea of total freedom which I thought the USA embodied. I lived there for more than two years when I was a very young adult. As I grew older and learned more about the world, I began to see there was a dark side to everything.

Far Cry 5 is set in modern times in America, and this is enough to get me interested in it. What we know of the story also caught my attention: we have to fight back against a destructive cult. Sadly, I have first-hand experience of what a cult-type group can do to a person's mind, making them believe everything they hear within the cult, stopping to think for themselves, and being convinced everyone outside the cult is their enemy, including their loved ones. I think it's important to notice that this can only be done to people who feel lonely, disillusioned, or lost all hope for whatever reason. Maybe this is why the game is set in fictional Hope County?

The latest teaser video is called "The Rise of a Cult".



After watching a few other videos about the game, I started thinking...

Do I want to
  • roam the scenic Montana countryside with a cute animal companion by my side?
  • fish in a sparkly lake?
  • drive a big rig on a mountain road?
  • fly above the fields in an old-style propeller plane?
  • create my own character and play as a woman?
Absolutely!

(Although this game is an FPS, thus you only see your hands and a weapon, so I'm not sure if character customization makes much sense...)

Do I want to
  • make mincemeat of people using tractor blades?
  • fire at others mindlessly from a running vehicle?
Not really.

Far Cry Primal is the only Far Cry game I've played, and I quite enjoyed it. Set in 10000 BC, it lacked firearms (a plus point for me) and let me tame powerful and cute beasts to help me in battle. Many people who played all Far Cry games seem to be tired of them being too similar and rejecting Far Cry 5 for that reason. For me, this is not an issue.

If I play this game, it will probably be in early 2019.

Comments

Popular Posts