Part 3 - The Witcher 3 - 2nd playthrough - Death March



The White Orchard windmill in the afternoon sun... So pretty! I decided to spend my first ability point on Sun and Stars to gain back health slowly even without eating so Geralt can cut back on those expensive dumplings. My biggest achievement this session was killing a level 6 wraith while still on level 1. It was only one enemy so I decided to take it on as it was guarding a place of power that I wanted. I wouldn't try fighting a pack of level 5 wolves, though.



Geralt: "Hey look! More arenaria." Pick it! Mark my words, kids, you can never have too much arenaria in this game.



"Did you just say 'damn witchers'?? Listen, peasant, I'm going to go into your house and take everything that isn't nailed down, how about that?" Um, Geralt, maybe that is his problem with witchers...

I went to visit Mislav the hunter after this hoping the wild dogs would drop dog tallow but they didn't. It was the only thing I needed for necrophage oil. I reached level 2 just after I listened to Mislav's sad boy love story.



A nice hike in the hills on a lovely day... Just need to ignore the stench of the rotting griffin corpse. :) Since I was level 2, I decided to take on the Devil by the Well contract.



After looting Odolan's home clean, I noticed his sick daughter and crying wife and felt very bad.

I finally found dog tallow and bear fat in the ruined houses around the well where the noonwraith lives and brewed necrophage and specter oils. Then I killed the noonwraith on the second try, so I died once, but when I defeated it, it was so much more rewarding than it was on easy mode! Loving Death March so far. :) I used quen, yrden, tawny owl and specter oil. Then I went back to Odolan and refused the sick girl's dowry as reward to feel better about myself. I spent my second point to improve quen and used the noonwraith mutagen to get +50 vitality.



By this time I had already picked up buckthorn but still decided to visit Tomira the herbalist to buy recipes and ingredients and to hear her story again. She is such a likable character, and I love that everyone has a story and a real personality in this game. <3

Comments

Popular Posts